Southern Conservation Trust’s 5th Annual Farm To Table Benefit was a huge success thanks to all our guests, sponsors, chefs, farms, donors and volunteers that made the evening so special. We were fortunate to have cool weather and the bad storms missed our beautiful venue.
Our benefit provided an opportunity for everyone to have fun and learn about the partners and activities engaged with SCT.
A special thank you to Brent and Tina Scarbrough for hosting us at Scarbrough Preserve, Brooks.
Of course the feature of the evening was the local farms and creative chefs providing the tasty offerings. Thanks to our Chefs and our Farms and check them out below.
Our entertainment was fabulous with a genre that delighted anyone’s preference. With much appreciation for the sharing of their talents:
- Celli, the genre-defying cello quartet that shatters any preconceived notions of what it means to be a cellist.
- Fayette Senior Services Dulcimer Group – Peach Pickers
- The Blue Grass band – Flint River Ramblers
Lots of lively fun was had during the silent auction and an awesome live auction. We appreciate all the donors and bidders for everyone’s support in helping SCT to continue to implement its mission of conserving natural resources for everyone’s enjoyment.
Congratulations to the raffle winner: Jeannine & Rick Massengale. The prize of a Big Green Egg and nest (medium)was contributed by Autrey’s Armory.
Special moments of the evening included the honoring of our 2015 dedicated and passionate volunteers:
SCT’s Golden Eagle Award was presented to the Rotary Club of Peachtree City for their continued support of volunteer hours and project support at the Line Creek, Sams Lake, Flat Creek and Nesmith Nature Areas since 1999 .
SCT’s Silver Eagle Award was presented to Rick and Joanne Minter, Minter’s Farm, for their considerable effort in helping SCT to establish the Farm To Table Benefit.
Throughout the evening guests were provided a glimpse into the many partners and activities that occur on our public nature areas. Thanks to:
- ATSASR – Georgia – Alpha Team K9 Search & Rescue which is a highly capable, professional response team with experience and willingness to respond to all types of lost or missing person search and rescue emergencies. Teams may be called upon in the South Eastern United States to assist in searches by FBI, GBI, and local emergency services. The teams conduct training sessions on 2 of SCT’s public nature areas.
- Fayette County Stormwater Mgmt. Department for sharing their Nonpoint Runoff Pollution demonstration and enlightening everyone on their own ability to make a difference.
- Clayton State University and Institute for Environmental Insight for sharing their Eastern Box Turtle research project with more than 740 turtles being tracked and evaluated in one of the largest box turtle projects in the GA and the South Eastern United States .
A Special Thank You to Our Sponsors:
J. P. Morgan
Peterson Planning United Community Bank
Matt Ramsey Atlanta Gas Light
Keystone Financial Services Mr. Transmission
Merrill Lynch – The Truitt Group Jim Qualls, Coldwell Banker Bullard Realty
The Complete Insurance Source Robert S. Black Mediation
Southern Crescent Builders
Our Chefs: Our Farms:
Chef Len, Piedmont Fayette Hospital Happy Hogs, LLC
Midwest Cattlemen’s Association James Family Farm
Joe Hanna, Hanna Brothers Studio Cafe’ and Event Catering Two Doves Farm
Our In-Kind Donors:
TCBY of PTC Keep PTC Beautiful Entertainment Productions
Maggie Laton Marketing Cardinal Waste Solutions
Our In-Kind Auction Donors:
SO many and we appreciate each one.