Southern Conservation Trust can only achieve its accomplishments and impact for ensuring our communities have the desired quality of life we all cherish Thanks to You our partners, donors, volunteers and all who help us to make a difference.
SCT is guided by a Board of Directors, an Advisory Board and an Executive Director dedicated to achieving its 2014 – 2016 Strategic Plan. We can’t do it alone and hope you will consider joining us as a partner in accomplishing our 2015 initiatives.
Strategic Plan Impact Goals:
- - Preserve land & our rural “environment” character
- - Protect habitats and natural resources
- - Enhance greenspace for education & passive recreation
- - Increase awareness of Environmental Stewardship
- - Complete Phase 1 of The Ridge Nature Area and open it to the public
- - Engage additional partners to continue work at The Ridge Nature Area
- - Work with stakeholders in efforts to address the resiliency of flows in the Flint River Basin
- - Construct and open an environmental outdoor classroom at Nesmith Preserve near Starrs Mill School so more than 9,000 students can engage in hands-on learning
- - Engage stewardship partners in order for SCT to continue to conserve land, natural resources and keep public nature areas open to more than 30,000 annual visitors
2015 How Can You Help: